October 19, 2018
PID UK’s latest fundraising champions
PID UK is lucky to have a very engaged group of members that frequently hold fundraising activities that revert to our activities.
Over the summer the Price family donated a portion of the entry fees to their open garden event to PID UK. Several other supporters took on some major physical challenges to raise money for PID UK’s work. Chad, whose son has XLA, took part in Newcastle’s famous Great North Run and Jonathan did the Paisley 10km run in Scotland. Victoria, her mum Claire and her sister, ran the Welsh Cardiff Half Marathon as Victoria has Hyper IgE Syndrome. PID UK is thankful to all for raising awareness and funds.
Here are some activities other fundraisers have taken part in this year:
- Vic, whose wife has a PID, took on a variety of running challenges
- Zena, who took part in The Big Half in London in memory of her brother
- Olivia, who took on Tough Mudder, an obstacle race, as she herself has a PID
- Orchard Therapeutics, who celebrated “Star Wars” day on May 4 by donating to PID UK
- Lucy ran the Birmingham 10k after a recent CVID diagnosis
- Dr Elkhalifa (immunology doctor) participated in the Great Manchester Run
- Andrew and David also ran the Great Manchester run to raise awareness of PID
- Gail (an immunology nurse)and Ashley Menzies, who took part in the Kiltwalks in Scotland
- Jodie, who ran the Bristol Half Marathon for her nephew who has a PID
Please visit http://www.piduk.org/getinvolved/yourfundraisingstories for more PID UK fundraising stories